Hypotension - Ayurveda can ease you
Hypotension is low blood pressure, a condition that affects many people. The normal level of BP is 120/80 mm of hg and anything below 90/60mm of hg is termed as low blood pressure. Hypotension causes inadequate flow of blood to the body organs and may cause stroke, heart attack, kidney failure, and shock if not treated. Low blood pressure is often an indicator of an underlying problem and is especially dangerous when the pressure drops suddenly.
According to Ayurveda low blood pressure occurs due to vitiation of Vata and weakness of Agni. So need to balance Vata by medication and certain lifestyle changes.
· Not being able to comprehend
· Not being able to concentrate
· Giddiness, nausea or vomiting
· Hands and feet feel cold
· Passing out
· Thirsty most of the time
· Absence of nutrition
· Consumption of alcohol
· Endocrine illnesses
· Certain medications like pain-killers, anti-anxiety or anti-depressants etc.
· Laborious jobs
· Less Sodium intake
Ways to deal with:
· Stay hydrated
· Exercise regularly to pump up the blood circulation in the body
· Get regular dose of vitamin D through sun bathing
· Have a glass of almond milk every morning
· Have 8 to 10 soaked raisins as they have nutrients which help adrenal gland maintain blood pressure.
· Include Vitamin C rich fruits like guava, amla, oranges, lemon, etc along with apples, pomegranate, carrots, dates and figs in your diet. These foods enable the absorption of iron and help restore the blood cells and regulate blood volume and blood pressure.
· Padabhyangam or foot massage helps improve blood circulation in the entire body. Use our Agni Arogyapadabhyangam oil which is 100% natural and a traditional Ayurvedic handmade product.
· A blend of dry ginger powder and liquorice root powder (Yashtimadhu) with honey after breakfast is good for managing low blood pressure. This mixture is considered to be anti-inflammatory and anti-clogging and enhances blood circulation.
· Balarishtam, Ashwagandharishtam, Ashwagandhachoornam or capsule and nutritional medicines are very effective for those suffering from hypotension.
These medicines should be consumed only after consulting a licensed Ayurvedic doctor.
Treatments offered at Agni Ayurvedic Village for hypotension include Shirodhara, Abhyangam, Padabhyangam, MatraBasti, Navarakizhi, Navaratheppu and more.